click > enlarge
the overall quality of creativity and presentations in milan was astounding. for example, there weren’t many companies we visited that did not create a classic icon. cassina interestingly built their 2012 theme around — “authentic by design.” in cassina’s words:
The gesture of the designer, their hand, a sketch, an idea. The authenticity of a project is an ever innovative process of thought, insight and research, which Cassina identifies and values starting from the original creative heart, combining its qualitative excellence with its consolidated workmanship experience.
Cassina deliberately seeks authenticity in every project. This perspective is the starting point for the 2012 collection: a series of projects that express a way of thinking and living authentic design, where each element is always substantive and consistent.
crated icons were in the windows and and key locations on the floor.
close to the showroom entrance the icons are displayed on a planked area.
each inspiring icon holds an inspiring story. if you’re wondering, i didn’t know three of the 11 icons. see how you do, the answers are below.
[ the authentic icons ] [ cassina ]
1) red and blue | gerrit thomas rietveld | 1973
2) maralunga | vico magistrati | 1973
3) LC4 | le corbusier & jeanneret perriand | 1965
4) hillhouse | charles rennie mackintosh | 1973
5) luisa | franco albini | 2008
6) petalo | charlotte periand | 2009
7) barrel | frank lloyd wright | 1986
8] LC2 | le corbusier & jeanneret perriand | 1965/2006
9) feltri | gaetano pesce | 1987
10) superleggera | gio ponti | 1957
11) wink – toshiyuki kita | 1980