steam_12 (2010) | bae se hwa | gallery seomi | click > enlarge images
The seventh edition of Design Miami/ is only a few days away and we are thrilled to share with you the official programming for this year’s fair.
magraet/ migrant (27 sept) | gregor jenkin | southern guild
[ highlights include ]
* Galleries // 23 of the world’s leading design galleries will present works from established and emerging design talent
* Design On/Site // 5 independent and emerging galleries will present works by individual designers or studios
* Designer of the Year Award // David Adjaye will debut ‘Genesis’ – an exclusive commission for Design Miami/ [ details ]
* Design Performances // FENDI has invited designer Elisa Strozyk and artist Sebastian Neeb to experiment with Fendi discarded leather materials to create this year’s Design Performance project: Craft Alchemy. FENDI will also host for the first time the fair’s exclusive Collectors Lounge.
* Audi // As the exclusive Automotive Sponsor Audi has teamed up with Danish architect Bjarke Ingels to bring his vision of a “digital street” to life for Design Miami/. The unique environment sets the stage for the all new Audi A2 concept car.
audi 2a concept electric car
* Swarovski // Swarovski will present Crystal Matrix II by Erwin Redl, a meditative space that will allow visitors to explore the sensory effects of crystal.
* Design Talks // W Magazine’s Stefano Tonchi will moderate a series of compelling conversations among iconic figures in the worlds of design, art, fashion and architecture
* Satellite Exhibitions // On display in the Miami Design District will be the restored 24-foot Fly’s Eye Dome by Buckminster Fuller and a reconstructed Dymaxion 4 car presented by Lord Norman Foster. The 24-foot dome is part of the Craig Robins Collection and will be installed in a pedestrian plaza in the Miami Design District.